A. Data protection at a glance
Analysis tools and third-party tools
When you visit our website, your surfing behaviour can be statistically evaluated. This is done primarily with cookies and so-called analysis programmes. The analysis of your surfing behaviour is usually anonymous and it cannot be traced back to you. You may object to this analysis or prevent it by not using certain tools.
B. General information and mandatory information
2. Personal data is all individual details (data) which consequently directly refer to a natural person, i.e. all information on the identity of a customer, such as first and last name, email address and telephone number, together with the billing and delivery address.
C. Data collection on our website
2. We only store the data mentioned in those cases in which you deliberately make them available to us for the purpose of establishing contacts and/or processing orders. This is the case if you order information and/or goods (e.g. books, magazines and e-newsletters) from us, or if you subscribe to our electronic infoletter.
We would like to point out that data transmission via the Internet (e.g. communication by email) can have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
3. G.P. Probst Verlag GmbH collects, stores and uses your personal data only insofar as this is necessary for contract processing, service provision, invoicing or for your own information as a customer (e.g. electronic infoletter). Your personal data will neither be sold nor used outside G.P. Probst Verlag GmbH. Within the narrow framework of the GDPR, we will only pass on your data to the financial institution responsible for payment processing. The amount of data transmitted for this purpose is limited to the absolute minimum necessary. In addition, your personal data will be transmitted to third parties exclusively for the purposes listed below, provided that:
- you have expressly given us your consent on the basis of Art. 6 Section 1 a GDPR;
- the disclosure of data in accordance with Art. 6 Section 1 b is necessary in order to implement our joint contract (e.g. subscription, order for single issue) or if it is necessary in order to carry out pre-contractual measures requested by you (e.g. order for sample issue);
- such disclosure is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Section 1 f GDPR within the framework of an existing contract (such as a subscription), for example in order to assert legal claims or to be able to defend against alleged legal claims;
- there is a legal obligation to do so in accordance with Art. 6 Section 1 c GDPR.
4. Server log files: we strive to constantly optimise our Internet presence in terms of up-to-date status, attractiveness and functionality. Therefore, when you visit our website www.eap-magazin.de, the browser used on your terminal device automatically (i.e. independently of a registration or an order) collects general information that is not personal and is temporarily stored in a log file until it is automatically deleted:
- browser type and browser version;
- the operating system used;
- the referrer URL;
- the host name of the accessing computer;
- the date and time of the server request;
- the IP address.
The basis for data processing is Art. 6 Section 1 b GDPR, which permits the processing of data for the fulfilment of a contract or pre-contractual measures. This information is used exclusively for internal purposes and does not contain any personal reference. This data is only evaluated anonymously. A further use or even the transfer of this data does not take place here either. Furthermore, this information is not merged with personal data.
5. Cookies: some of our Internet pages use so-called cookies. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. Cookies serve to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your terminal device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser the next time you visit our website.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general, and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. However, when cookies are deactivated, the functionality of this website may be limited.
6. Contact form: if you send us enquiries using the contact form, your details from the enquiry form, including the contact data you have provided there, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. We will not pass on this data without your consent.
The data entered in the contact form is therefore processed exclusively on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 Section 1 a GDPR). You can revoke this consent at any time. All you need to do is send us an informal email. The legality of the data processing processes carried out up to the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
The data entered by you in the contact form will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent for its storage or the reason for data storage no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory statutory provisions – in particular retention periods – remain unaffected.
7. SSL or TLS encryption: this site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us as a site operator. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the padlock symbol in your browser line. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
D. Analysis tools and advertising
Matomo (formerly Piwik): this website uses the open source web analytics service Matomo. Matomo uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of the website. For this purpose the information generated by the cookie about the use of this website is stored on our server. The IP address is made anonymous before it is saved.
Matomo cookies remain on your device until you delete them.
Matomo cookies are stored on the basis of Art. 6 Section 1 f GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the anonymised analysis of user behaviour in order to optimise both its website and its advertising.
If you do not agree to the storage and use of your data, you can deactivate its storage and use here. In this case, an opt-out cookie is stored in your browser which prevents Matomo from saving usage data. If you delete your cookies, the Matomo opt-out cookie will also be deleted. The opt-out has to be reactivated the next time you visit our site.
E. Plugins and tools
1. Google web fonts: This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Google to uniformly display fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser's cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you are using has to connect to Google's servers. This informs Google that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google web fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Section 1 f GDPR.
2. Social media plugins: we use the social media plugins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Whatsapp on our website on the basis of Art. 6 Section 1 f GDPR. Our goal is to be able to communicate with our customers and interested parties via the social networks mentioned above. In our view, our communication and advertising purposes in connection with this purpose are to be classified as legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. Responsibility for data protection-compliant operation must be ensured by the provider of the respective network. We integrate the plugins by means of the so-called two-click method to protect visitors of our website in the best possible way.
3. Infoletter: we offer you the possibility to subscribe to our free Infoletter. You give us your consent with the help of the double opt-in procedure. You will therefore only receive our infoletter if you confirm your registration by means of an email sent to you by the publisher and a link contained therein. On the basis of this procedure you need to ensure that you are the only user of the given email address who can register for our information service, and that you agree to receive the infoletter on a regular basis. As the recipient of our infoletter we will inform you, among other things, about topics from the next issue and the latest news from the industry. You can easily cancel your subscription to our infoletter at any time by selecting the appropriate option. In this case we will, of course, immediately delete the data provided to us for your subscription to the infoletter.
F. What rights do you have regarding your data?
1. You have the right to receive information about the origin, recipient and purpose of your stored personal data free of charge at any time. You also have the right to request the correction, blocking or deletion of this data. You can contact us at any time at the address given in the legal notice if you have any further questions on the subject of data protection.
2. Right of objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that your personal data is processed by us on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Section 1 f GDPR and no compelling reasons worthy of protection are proven by us for the processing. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an email to verlag(at)eap-magazin.de is sufficient.
3. Revocation of your consent to data processing: many data processing processes are only possible with your express consent. You can revoke your consent at any time. All you need to do is send us an informal email. The legality of the data processing up to the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
4. Right to data transferability: you have the right to have data which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in fulfilment of a contract made available to you or to a third party in a standard, machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another responsible party, this will only take place if it is technically feasible.
5. Information, blocking, deletion: you have the right to free information about your stored personal data, its origin and recipients and the purpose of the relevant data processing and, if necessary, a right to the correction, blocking or deletion of the data at any time within the scope of the applicable legal provisions. You can contact us at any time at the address given in the imprint if you have any further questions on the subject of personal data.
6. Right of complaint to the competent supervisory authority: in the event of breaches of data protection law, the data subject has a right of appeal to the competent supervisory authority. The responsible supervisory authority for data protection issues is the data protection officer of the federal state in which our company is based. A list of data protection officers and their contact details can be found at: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
G. Data security
1. We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser.
We also use technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. The security measures are also constantly improved in line with technological developments.
2. In accordance with the legal data protection regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany, we take precautions to protect personal data from loss, destruction, manipulation and access by unauthorised persons. In accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act you have a right to free information regarding your personal data stored by us, and a right to the correction, blocking or deletion of your personal data. However, necessary data in connection with billing or accounting regulations is excluded from a possible deletion.
The responsible party for data processing on this website is: Gottfried Probst
G.P. Probst Verlag GmbH
In den Rauten 3
Tel.: 05295 / 99 57 81 – Fax: 05295 / 93 02 69
CEO: Gottfried Probst
Registration No. 7938: Paderborn Local Court
VAT No.: DE 814564764
The responsible party is the natural or legal person who alone or together with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data (e.g. names, email addresses, etc.).